Hello 👋 I'm Jesse. I'm a Syracuse University 🍊 alumni making my mark in the tech industry. I've held organizational, sales, and marketing roles in a few startups and I've comfortably transitioned into software development roles as a mobile app developer. My goal going in was to learn just enough about development that I would be a great asset to any early or mid-stage tech company operationally, but now my goal is to be an exceptional developer and one day build my own app.
I met Dennis Crowley (Foursquare) in November of 2018 to pitch him on an app to share success and entrepreneurial principles from the world's most successful people, and asked how he started Foursquare. He told me he taught himself how to code, and advised me to do the same.
A brief background on me (in addition to my resume:):
- I had a gun to my head and was carjacked in 2012. This led me on a journey to find my true passions in technology and self-development where I spend my free time studying the world's most successful people.
- I've networked to find most of my jobs:
- Lead Full Stack Mobile Developer for Next Gen HQ in New York City/Remote.
- Lead Full Stack Mobile Developer for Crew Me Up in New York City/Remote.
- Frontend Mobile Developer for Gesture in New York City.
- Operations, Fundraising, Marketing, and QA for Ribbon Labs in San Francisco, CA.
- Project Manager for Zaitoun Ventures in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Operations Management and Sales for LightSpeed VT in Las Vegas, NV.
- I've been developing a concept for an application connecting younger generations to the world's most successful, influential, and knowledgeable people.
- From June-July 2021 I completed a deep dive into React.js to stay up-to-date on modern React patterns Epic React. This course is a deep dive into every aspect of React. Starting with fundamental and advanced Hook patterns, performance, e2e testing, react suspense, and finishing with building an application from scratch complete with fetching data from APIs.
- In 2021 I completed a 5-week course taught by an 8 year Product Management veteran of Google, Nino Tasca ELVTR. It's been incredible learning PM research and analysis frameworks used in the field.
- During my first 4 months at Next Gen I created a detailed MVP using Typescript, RN, and GraphQL. Since, the company has pivoted, brought on a more senior tech lead, who has taught me principles of advanced typescript, advanced react patterns, and new technologies including UI libraries and monorepos. I definitely feel the bar has been raised!
I’m highly ambitious, entrepreneurial, action-oriented, and I’ll be a great addition to any company or team.
(Project Titles and Descriptions are Clickable)